Who We Are
In 1960, the Rotary Club of Green Bay established a charitable foundation under the direction of Karl M. Feldhausen, a past club president. A separate Board of Directors administers the assets of this important Foundation. All Foundation board directors are club members. They are elected to the Foundation board by the members of the Rotary Club of Green Bay.
Our local foundation typically provides $35,000 annually to local organizations and scholarship applicants. Our club members also support the Rotary International Foundation and its international initiatives.
- Amber Paluch, President
- Julian LaMue, Treasurer
- Chris Vanden Hoogen, Secretary
- Kathryn Kroll, Club President
- Jeff Vande Leest, Immediate Past Club President
- Sarah Sugden, Club President-Elect
- Tom Friese, Director at Large
- Steve Mastalir, Director at Large
- Alex Thyne, Director at Large
The Rotary Club of Green Bay is keenly aware of its civic responsibilities to build goodwill and friendship within the community. Fund recipients and amounts given are determined by the board of directors of the Rotary Foundation of Green Bay, Inc. The board of directors acts within the guidelines of the Foundation’s charter, as well as the guidelines set forth here.
The mission of the Rotary Foundation of Green Bay is to be a catalyst for proactive change for youth, education, and health initiatives in Brown County by providing grants, awards and scholarships for sustainable, impactful and collaborative projects that support these initiatives.
1) All requests for charitable contributions received by Club members or committees should be forwarded to the Foundation president.
2) Requests received by the second Tuesday of each month will be reviewed at that month’s scheduled meeting. Requests received after the second Tuesday of each month will be reviewed the following month.
3) The Rotary Foundation of Green Bay will receive funds mainly from Rotary Club of Green Bay members, funds provided by the Club’s board of directors and earnings from the Foundation’s assets. Funds from other sources are accepted.
4) Contributions will be for charitable and educational purposes including, but not limited to:
- Promoting and aiding education;
- Youth and health issues;
- Providing scholarships, awards, and grants for educational and charitable purposes.
5) The Foundation’s board of directors will determine annually at the first meeting of the fiscal year the approximate amount of money to be distributed that year. That amount will not exceed 10% of the Foundation’s fund balance as of June 30 of that year. Foundation funds residing in the Greater Green Bay Community Foundation are not considered for allocation purposes. Funds allocated but not distributed in one fiscal year can be carried over to the next fiscal year.
6) The Foundation board of directors, to the best of its ability, will keep all Foundation assets invested within the parameters and asset allocations established. All asset allocations and investment vehicles, as well as the investment firm, will be reviewed annually.
7) The number of contribution recipients will be limited to ensure funding is available for those projects which will do the most for the community and receive the greatest recognition. Contributions to selected, specific causes may be emphasized each year, as determined by the Foundation Board.
8) The Foundation’s board of directors can reject any and all unsigned and/or mass mailing contribution requests.
Rotary Foundation of Green Bay, Inc.
Attention: Amber Paluch
P.O. Box 5
Green Bay, WI 54305-0005